The Association of Australian Cotton Scientists was formed in September 2012. Membership of the association is available to those involved in Australian cotton research.
The association aims to advance Australian cotton science by encouraging collaboration across agencies and disciplines, promoting cotton research as a profession and encouraging student involvement.
Membership of the Association is open to any person that meets the following criteria:
- Full member: a professional with significant involvement in active scientific research or teaching relevant to the cotton industry (e.g. research scientist, technical officer, extension specialist).
- Associate member: a professional with significant involvement in cotton industry research processes through research management, communication or collaborative arrangements.
- Honorary member: a retired member (who has fulfilled criteria 1) may be considered as an honorary member of the association with voting rights
- Student member: must be currently enrolled in a university or technical course relevant to the cotton industry.
Membership is included with registration to the Australian Cotton Research Conference, or may be applied for separately.
- Read our constitution (includes membership form). [168kb PDF]
- See some useful links for cotton scientists.
- AACS awards
- AACS life members
AACS committee 2019-20
Dr Paul Grundy (President)
Dr Warren Conaty
Dr Guna Nachimuthu
Dr Linda Smith
Dr Mary Whitehouse
Dr Iain Wilson
Associate Member Representative – Susan Maas