Every two years the President and Management Committee positions are declared open and the AACS calls for nominations which are then decided by the AACS membership through a formal secret ballot.
Our current Management Committee is made of 4 full members, 1 associate member and the president position. Our current representatives are:
President: Paul Grundy (QDAF)
Full Member Executive
- Mary Whitehouse CSIRO (vice President)
- Linda Smith QDAF (Secretary)
- Michael Bange CSIRO (Treasurer)
- Warwick Stiller CSIRO
Associate Member Executive: Allan Williams CRDC
The roles within the Management Committee (e.g Treasurer) are decided by the incoming executive team.
We would warmly invite nominations from the membership for the positions of President, Management Committee or Associate Management Committee.
To nominate please provide the following details
- Nomination role (President, Management Committee or Associate Management Committee)
- Preferred name and Surname
- Your Organisation and Position
- Area of work/discipline
- Why you would like to be considered for the President/executive committee (25 words max)
- What have you got to offer the committee (30 words max)
- Provide a photograph
Our constitution also states that the immediate Past-President shall be an ex-officio member of the Management Committee. Should there be a change of President at the AGM; this position will be in addition to the elected Management Committee.
Please email your nominations to Warwick who will be our returning officer Warwick.Stiller@csiro.au prior to the 15th October 2019.
Warwick will not be seeking nomination for the next Management Committee and we warmly thank him for his service and support of the AACS since its inception.
The coming AGM which will be held during our research conference on Wednesday 30th October 8:00am UNE Armidale.